Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The weekend

Once again I succumbed to the yarn demon. It was innocent enough,I had to go to the yarn store to get some needles,I knew what size I wanted and everything and all I had to do was walk in ask for then and walk out ,But no I couldn't do that. Maybe if the yarn store personnel would have been a little less friendly I would have been less likely to buy something other than what I came in for,But it wasn't to be. While they were chatting with another woman this yarn called to me from the shelves,Colinette Jitterbug,The colorway was Mardi grais. I had been wanting to try some and since this sinful yarn called out to my weak side,it and my needles went home with me. When I got home I checked out the yardage on the yarn and of course Ms Bigfoot saw that the yardage wasnt actually to my advantage so,Toe-up socks have become a priority to learn how to do.

The yarn has been talking to me all weekend. I have been trying to be good and finish the baby projects that I started before the children can drive(I don't know if they have been born yet) but I need motivation.


I have both sweaters finished and 2 of 4 socks finished. the needles made a major difference in my baby sock making. I want to make 2 little hats. the start on some more baby outfits,But I'm going through sock withdrawls,I cast on a sock in socks that rock ,I don't know the colorway but its kind of autumny.

Back to the toe-up sock making,since I have never made a pair of toe ups I feel this is my new challenge. I tried Judy's magic cast on with double points and it was ok but not impressive enough to have my Jitterbug with that toe. I want to use every yarn of it. So I broke down and pulled out my addis,Not only did I do the toe,I did it magic loop. What a difference a year makes. So tomorrow back to the baby socks and hopefully start a hat, and more practice with my toe. lol

No comments: